The exterior wall cladding can be made with various elements, among them is the stone, which may be natural or artificial. Natural stone has a number of qualities that have no artificial stone, as elegance, strength, impermeability, and others. The appearance of the outer walls of a dwelling, is responsible for having the same aspect. To improve our exterior walls aesthetically, we can cover them with different kinds of coatings .
Natural stone coverings are insulating and decorative, and are preferred by its elegance. If we want the outer walls have a rustic look, you can decorate them with stone, either natural or artificial, and platelet-shaped or cut into irregular shapes. We can achieve a wall covering in any style, rustic, classic, etc..
The artificial stones are suitable for coating exterior walls, because they are made from materials that resist weather conditions.
There are a variety of stones for wall cladding, natural or artificial, each with its advantages and shortcomings.
• natural Lajas: presented as pieces of stone or natural plates. The thickness varies between 2.5 cm and 4 cm, and may reach sizes of 70x60cm. The ashlar slabs, are those derived from volcanic rock in pieces or plates of various sizes. They differ in that the ashlar is a softer stone, allowing cutting with special saws. It has a different texture and is white or pink.
• Plating marble: Marble is a classic material in the coating. If mixed with certain substances, produce various colors. They can be in the form of tiles, or iron.
• Stone Vicenza is a sandstone, which allows various finishes. Can be polished, which gives a shiny and waterproof finish.
• Blackboard: can be used as slabs, which is achieved it appear that the entire wall is slate.
• Slab limestone: two tones are presented. The finish is very elegant and hygienic.
• artificial stone veneer: within have artificial stones of baked clay tiles. This coating is performed by applying thin pieces of ceramic with a mortar adhered to the walls.
• Small brick tile: a aluminosilicate with a high melting point, which confers resistance to wear, alkalis, fatty substances, and other agents.